The Marstall (from Old High German marahstal, "horse stable") is located in Klenzing at the avenue between the Bavarian Square and the White Arena. It was built in 2013 by Palando who used mostly sandstone for this classical building. On the inside, there are two small theater rooms for cultural events and a museum with two galleries, namely a block exhibition and a bust exhibition. The latter serves as a hall of fame.
Source of inspiration
This building is a replica of the Marstall in Munich, an annex of the Munich Residenz. The former Court Riding School was erected by Leo von Klenze between 1817 and 1822. The Marstallmuseum (museum of the former royal stables), which is nowadays located in the South Wing of Nymphenburg Palace, has been here from 1923 until 1940. The Marstall was destroyed during an air raid in 1944 and reconstructed in the years 1969 and 1970. Today, it is used as stage by the Bavarian State Theater.